If you are in from some good quality Paleo desserts, this is the article for you. All you will need for this amazing recipe are 7 ingredients, no baking, and of course, chocolate.
The maple syrup added to this cake is what makes the huge difference in taste, flavor and health benefits. On top of that, coconut brings that extra ‘Ding!’ which makes it even more delicious!
Paleo Chocolate Cake
If you are a chocolate lover, but want to enjoy a delicious, healthy treat, this will make you enormously happy. Also, this cake is absolutely pro-vegan and should be a wonderful surprise for the entire family.
To get this recipe right, first you’ll need to mix almond meal and cocoa powder in a small bowl. This gives the cake its thickness and structure to be amazing.
Then, combine coconut milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a saucepan. Heat it until hot. Throw in unsweetened dark chocolate until everything smoothens out.
Stir almond meal and cocoa powder with remaining ingredients until everything is amazing. Take an oiled pie pan and transfer mixture into it.
Store in refrigerator for 1 hour or until it is firm.
Healthy Frosting: Paleo and Vegan Chocolate Coconut Frosting
While doing so, make chocolate coconut frosting. Use mixer and work the coconut cream well.
Place this in the fridge as well for several hours.
Once firm, take the cake out of the fridge and turn it over. Apply frosting on top, and it’s ready for serving.
Naked Paleo Chocolate Cake
Here is the full list of ingredients you’ll need to nail this fabulous dessert:
- Estimated time: 1hr 20 Mins
- Prep Time: 15 Mins
- Cook Time: 5 Mins
- Serves: 8
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate chunks or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
Coconut Chocolate Frosting:
- -- 1½ cups coconut cream
- -- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- -- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Use coconut oil to grease cake pan. Use a small bowl to mix together almond meal and cocoa powder. Let it sit.
- Place coconut milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup to heat it and keep it there on low temperature.
- Set everything in a large mixing bowl, and throw in chocolate chips and stir until even.
- Set everything in a prepared pan. Set in freezer and let it stiffen for 1 hour.
- Get the frosting right, by combining coconut cream, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Use mixer to even the texture out, and after everything evens out, and transfer it in a bowl or jar and refrigerate.
- Frost cake with chocolate coconut frosting. Set the leftovers in refrigerator.