Obesity is the number one cause of numerous problems, and it requires a specific approach and treatment. But, many people fail to lose weight despite their vigorous diet regimen or physical activity.
A group of scientists decided to conduct a study, and find a fitting solution to the problem. Over 4,000 individuals were involved in the research, and they were split into 6 categories:
- Young women with fewer obesity-related health problems like type 2 diabetes
- Male alcoholics with fewer obesity-related problems
- Unhappy and anxious middle-aged individuals with mental and physical problems
- Affluent and healthy elderly with optimal health, features of high alcohol intake and hypertension
- Physically ill, but happy elderly with chronic ailments like osteoarthritis
- Sick individuals with numerous chronic conditions, also economically deprived
This study had the only goal to solve the biggest problem in American society.
There are two types of fat: android and gynoid.
“An ‘android’ fat distribution pattern is so called because more men than women exhibit it. You may have heard it described as an ‘apple’ body type when the waist circumference is greater than that of the hips.
A ‘gynoid’ distribution is most commonly seen in women. This is what many call the ‘pear’ body shape. In this pattern, hip circumference is greater than waist circumference,” explains PositiveMed.
You have to determine the cause of your problem in order to treat it properly.
Learn more about obesity, and how to get rid of accumulated fat.
- Upper body obesity (Android)
People in this group eat a lot and don’t exercise. Nutritionists suggest that they limit they avoid sweets, and workout for half an hour every day.
- Abdominal fat (Android)
Abdominal fat is caused by depression, stress, and anxiety. Relax and workout more often.
- Lower body fat (Gynoid)
It’s more common in women. Experts believe that lower-body resistance training and cardio workout can be of great help.
- Swollen abdomen (Android)
Fatty deposits in this area are caused by alcohol consumption and respiratory issues. Stay away from alcohol. Keep in mind that breathing exercises involve the whole body.
- Lower body fat and legs (Gynoid)
It’s common in pregnant women. Do water aerobics, and reduce the pressure in your lower limbs. Elevate your legs while sitting.
- Stomach and upper back fat (Android)
It’s common in people who don’t exercise. Be more active and control your blood sugar. Consider eating smaller meals.
If this is not your case, maybe your problems lies deep in your genes or hormones. Consult a health expert, and solve your problem as soon as possible.